What to Bring

What to Bring2017-12-20T01:58:27+00:00

Come Prepared!

For a successful and expedited tax preparation, you will need some or all of the following:

  • Original Social Security cards for yourself and everyone in the household that you support, including your spouse, and children, grandchildren, relatives and foster children.

  • Your driver’s license or other valid state issued photo ID card, and for spouse if applicable.

  • Income documents including W2s and 1099s (Misc, R, G, etc) you and your spouse received from all your employers for the tax year.

  • The dates of birth for all people you are claiming as dependents.

  • Any 1099 forms received during the previous year. You may have a 1099 form if you received income from Social Security, Railroad Retirement, Unemployment, Interest, or Dividend Income.

  • If you paid for child care in the past year, bring any receipts or co-pay statements. Also, be sure to bring the Social Security Number (SSN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN) of your day care provider, the provider name, and the day care address.

  • If you paid for higher education, such as college or a trade school, bring form 1098-T showing evidence of payment along with amounts spent on books and other required supplies or equipment (laptops, etc.).

  • Health insurance form 1095-A (if applicable)

  • Last year’s tax return if you have one. Also bring any items that you think may impact your tax return (such as mortgage statements). If you are not sure, bring it!

  • If you would like to get your refund by direct deposit, MUST bring a blank check from your bank account or bank slip with account information. If filing jointly, both filer and spouse must be present to sign.