Are you a returning volunteer or an experienced tax professional? You can utilize these resources to self certify as a VITA volunteer without the need to attend one of our trainings. Just be sure to email us your Volunteer Agreement from your Link & Learn account once you certify.
Online Accounts Needed to Volunteer
- Link & Learn – IRS website with resources to self-ceritfy as a VITA Tax Preparer
- TaxSlayer Practice Lab – This is the practice version of the software used at VITA sites during the tax season. Generic password is TRAINPROWEB. No Site ID required.
- Volunteer Portal – This is the website volunteers use to sign up for training and volunteer shifts.
The below training resources are from Tax Year 2018.
These links will be updated for 2019 in mid to late November.
Training Modules & Resources
- BASIC Tax Prep Topics
- Returning Volunteers & Experienced Tax Preparers
- Practice Makes Perfect
- ADVANCED Tax Prep
Publications below will be updated as they are made available.
- Publication 4012 – This is the IRS manual for tax preparation that is used for training and a resource utilized at all VITA sites.
- Publication 6744 – This is the test booklet for all certification exams on Link & Learn.
- Publication 4942 – Health Savings Account
- Publication 5307 – Tax Reform Basics for Individuals & Families
- Publication 5299 – Quality Review Refresher
- FAQ: 2018 Link & Learn Certification Test
Tax Facts, Tips & Tricks
Training materials coming soon!