Are you a returning volunteer or an experienced tax professional? You can utilize these resources to self certify as a VITA volunteer without the need to attend one of our trainings. Just be sure to email us your Volunteer Agreement from your Link & Learn account once you certify.
Online Accounts Needed to Volunteer
- Link & Learn – IRS website with resources to self-ceritfy as a VITA Tax Preparer
- TaxSlayer Practice Lab – This is the practice version of the software used at VITA sites during the tax season. Generic password is TRAINPROWEB. No Site ID required.
- Volunteer Portal – This is the website volunteers use to sign up for training and volunteer shifts.
Training Modules & Resources
- BASIC Tax Prep Topics
- Returning Volunteers & Experienced Tax Preparers
- Practice Makes Perfect
- ADVANCED Tax Prep
Publications below will be updated as they are made available.
- Publication 4012 – This is the IRS manual for tax preparation that is used for training and a resource utilized at all VITA sites.
- Publication 6744 – This is the test booklet for all certification exams on Link & Learn.
- Publication 4942 – Health Savings Account
- Publication 5299 – Quality Review Refresher
- FAQ: 2018 Link & Learn Certification Test
Tax Facts, Tips & Tricks
Training materials coming soon!